Benefits of Building New Compared to Purchasing an Existing Home
February 6th, 2019 Uncategorized
If you are considering to purchase a home in the near future, you will be pleasantly surprised at the cost of building a new home. In fact, it’s an eye-opening exercise to compare building new with a home for resale. In this article we’ll explore the advantages of building new versus buying an existing home.
Benefits of Buying an Existing Home:
- Location: Most communities are entirely built out, and the only way in is to buy a resale.
- Convenience: Buying a resale may work within your time limits, if your time frame happens to be 10 months or less.
- Cost: In many (but not all) cases it is cheaper to buy an existing home if no upgrades are needed.
Benefits of Building Your Own Home
- Full Control: You get exactly what you want, from the location of the home to the features and amenities. Rather than settle for a home that’s “as-is,” you can work with your builder to cross everything off your must-have list.
- Customization: You may not love the floor plan of any existing homes, or simply desire for out of the layout. A new home builder can easily accommodate any needs to your unique floorplan, while existing homes require extensive renovations.
- New Means it comes with a Warranty: Yes, you may buy an existing home for less, however, when the air conditioning unit stops working or a water pipe brakes that cost will come out of your pocket. New homes typically come with a great lengthy warranty.
- Energy Efficiency: New homes are far more efficient and cost less to run. For example, here at Kaye, we install air conditioning systems with a minimum SEER rating of 16 compared to 12 from just a few years ago, the long-term savings for such improvements may be substantial.
- Savings on maintenance costs: a new home built by a reputable builder ensures many years of low cost maintenance.
- Opportunity to watch the process unfold: There’s something special about watching your home being built from the ground up. Although many of us may think this is an incredibly stressful process, we at Kaye provided full access to our web portal to keep you updated on the process 24 hours a day.
While building offers many advantages over purchasing an exciting home, it is ultimately up to the client’s decision. Either way, our Kaye New Home department and our Kaye Realty department are dedicated to helping you find a home that meets your needs. If you happen to find a resale on your own, our realty team can gladly assist with the home inspection process, which may help uncover issues that could cost you more in the long run.
After more than 3 decades of building excellence, Kaye Lifestyle Homes understands how to comfortably guide you through the entire building process which may include finding the right home site, obtaining the best financing, and helping design that one-of-a-kind home that meets your needs and fits into your budget.
For more information, please reach out to one of our New Home Counselors at 239-434-KAYE.